I’ve been getting a lot of questions about a variety of topics, and I thought that it would be beneficial for everyone if I just posted the questions I’ve received along with my answer since I’m sure more than 1 person has this question!
So, today’s questions:
“I haven’t done much with forums. What are some that you like.”
Well, Allison, there are so many forums out there to choose from! Here are a couple that I would recommend for anyone in internet network marketing, and those are:
Better Networker is Mike Dillard’s brain child and is the #1 source for network marketers to connect with others and get some awesome training.
To get the most out of Better Networker, I would highly recommend that you become a member of the Association of Better Networkers for just $10/month. As an ABN member (kind of like the BBB for network marketers) you must adhere to certain policies, but you will get access to special training and you have the ability to post content which is seen by 60,000 people and ranks well in the search engines.
Free members have the ability to comment in the forums, and obviously connect with other members.
*By the way, I don’t get paid anything for making this recommendation, it’s just a really awesome resource!
The Warrior Forum
The Warrior Forum is where all of the big internet marketers (Note: Not Network Marketers) come to “talk shop”. It’s an incredible resource. But just know that these folks are “hardcore”. This is one of my husband’s favorite forums.
Natasha’s Forum Tips:
- NO SPAM: Under no circumstance should you go into a forum “SPAMming” your link or your business opportunity. You can and will get banned from the site (and probably get the wrath of a whole bunch of fellow networkers in the process).
This is a place to go and learn and mastermind. It is not a place to recruit people. You will make connections that may lead to business ventures, but you shouldn’t go there for the purpose of “sharing” your opportunity or fishing to see if someone is “keeping their options open.” : )
Don’t believe me? I double dog dare you to see if I’m telling a fib on this one! ; )
- Use a Signature File. This is the file that looks like this:
Prospecting Stinks. Sponsor People Without Cold Calling. See How
Every single forum that you post in should have the ability for you to create your own Signature File (or “Sig File”). It is essential that you set this up immediately, because this is what is posted at the bottom of all of your posts. The cool thing is that forums last for a REAAAALLY long time, and are indexed by the search engines, so by posting in forums, you are creating little footprints all over the web.
- Make Meaningful Contributions. Don’t just post “Me Too” responses in forums just to get your signature file out there. If you do, you’ll end up being classified as a “spammer” by other members and then your credibility is shot!
- Don’t Forget Niche Forums! Once you know what you niche market is (i.e, yoga, weight loss, allergy sufferers, etc.) go and join forums where your target market goes. That doesn’t mean you shove your product in people’s face. But make meaningful commentaries and people will probably click on your signature file.
Remember what I’ve said time and time again… Your reputation is EVERYTHING in this business. Blow it once and you’ve dig yourself a big ‘ol hole that you’ll spend quite some time getting out of!
“I am getting a ratio of 10:1 SPAM comments to our Blogs/Articles/Websites—am I doing the right thing or has something gone awry?”
Ahhhh SPAM. If there’s one thing that annoys the YOU KNOW WHAT out of me it’s SPAM! (And I’m not talkin’ about the sketchy luncheon meat either…) ; )
Whether it’s someone sending me an email asking me to call them just to “chat” or someone inviting me into a war of “compensation plans” to someone just “wondering if I keep my options open” SPAM is a reality in our business. Not only that- just by virtue of being online- we get SPAM offers daily in our inbox. SO annoying, right?
Well, Kim, I’ve got some Bad News and some Good News.
The Bad News: You’re going to have to deal with SPAM as long as you fire up that computer….
The Good News:
1. Spammers have found you, which means you’re “out there” and “visible” to others. (As opposed to having some underground, unknown site!)
2. There is a terrific Plug-In for WordPress blogs called “Akismet” that you can install for free! It’ll catch all of your SPAM and you can sift and sort through it and approve anything that’s actually not SPAM. I’ve found that it’s pretty darn accurate!
Got a Specific Question? Email it to me at Natasha at NatashaNassar.com with the subject line: BYA and your question could be featured on my blog or leave it in the comments below!
If you want to make sure you stay up to date on all of the great information I’m giving away, sign up on the form to the right!
To Your Success,