Over the past couple of years, it’s become pretty apparent that I’m the “Black Sheep” of the industry.
I’m ok with it…
I thought you should know it, though.
(Just in case, you’re not into following a black sheep) ; )
So here’s the deal.
As business owners, we have choices to make in how we conduct our business. Here are some of those choices:
• Using Company or Product Trademark names in violation of Trademark law.
• Showing bank accounts (accurate or PhotoShopped)
• Buying “likes” and “comments” on Fiverr or other outsource sites, to increase your Edge Rank or “social” proof.
• Buying “likes” or “comments” to win contests
• Knowingly violate advertising platform policies because “it works”
• Teaching others to violate advertising platform policies because you can make money teaching people that stuff.
• Using “black hat” methods to beat search engine algorithms.
• Promoting systems that engage in deceptive advertising just because it’s the “in” thing to do (and you can get paid well)
• Telling only “part” of the story about a successful marketing strategy, because, the truth would not be nearly as “sexy”. (i.e, “Learn how I generated 1,000 leads on Facebook” but conveniently forgetting to mention that you paid $3,000 to get those leads).
• Quoting how much money you made in a month, but “leaving out” the amount of money that has to be paid out to affiliates, etc.
Now some of you may be completely shocked to learn that these are things that some of the leaders that you have followed have chosen to do. But it’s true and you deserve to know the truth.
Many of them have made a lot of money in a short amount of time as a result of engaging in these practices.
They’ll tell you it’s just clever “marketing”.
Which is probably why Seth Godin wrote a book entitled “All Marketers Are Liars”.
Why am I telling you all of this?
Two very important reasons:
Objects in the mirror are much smaller than they appear.
In other words, you’re not getting the whole story a lot of the time.
I’ve seen a lot of very talented entrepreneurs getting extremely discouraged (and almost quitting) because they aren’t making money as fast as “So-and-So”. Expectations in our industry have gotten insanely unrealistic, and someone needs to speak out about it. It’s exactly WHY online businesses, home businesses, network marketing businesses get a bad rep.
I believe aspiring and beginning entrepreneurs should be told the truth about what it takes to succeed on or offline. That’s why you’ll never hear me promising success in a short amount of time or with very little effort.
It takes hard work- but the rewards are SO worth it! (I’m living proof!)
My brutal honesty and unwillingness to engage in “sketchy” business practices has cost me quite a few sales, I’m sure.
But, I don’t care.
I have to be able to look at myself in the mirror and most importantly, I have to answer to God and I want to make Him proud.
I’m a rule follower.
If you’re looking for the promise of quick riches, I’m not your gal. I only teach sustainable business practices, so if you’re looking for the next “black hat” trick to cheat the system, I’m not your gal.
I’m picky as hell about what I promote, because I don’t want to steer my readers, customers and clients down the wrong path. Rich and I have foregone a lot of opportunities to make a lot of money in a short amount of time, just because we know that products/services won’t deliver on their promises.
For me, slow, steady and acting in integrity wins the race.
With all of that said, if you’re looking for information that’s not full of BS and hype on how to build a sustainable business, I’ve put together a 4-video “tell-all” series that you need to watch.
In the 1st video you’ll learn the mistake I made that caused me to have to flush 18 months of business building down the drain.
In the 2nd video you’ll discover the big myth that could cost you your entire business.
In the 3rd video, I’ll help you get rid of the trash that is causing you to unknowingly sabotage your business and help you uncover the hidden gold you’ve been sitting on that you may have forgotten.
Make sure you really pay attention to Video #3 because I’m giving away an Apple iPad!! : )
In the 4th video, you’ll learn how to build an authentic brand even if you’re brand new. You will also learn about the new course I just launched called Branded, which is my blueprint for building a sustainable business which allowed me to quit my full-time job as an attorney.
No fluff. No hype. No B.S.
Just good, solid, potentially life-altering information.
PS I’d love to hear your thoughts, so comment below and make sure you share this article if you know someone who can benefit from what you’ve just learned : )
No related posts.