“Why is it so darn HARD to make money in an MLM?”
If I had a nickel for every time I heard this, I’d be on a vacation in Tahiti right now….
It actually isn’t HARD. Climbing Mount Everest is HARD. Stacking greased b-b’s is HARD. Swimming the English Channel is HARD. Making money in a network marketing company isn’t hard. It actually is pretty easy.
Here’s how you do it:
1. PICK A COMPANY AND STICK WITH IT! There are far more legitimate companies out there than fly-by-night scams. So, picking a company isn’t difficult. Want to be introduced to tons in a matter of seconds? Go on Yahoo! Answers and ask people what MLM they would recommend. Your inbox will be flooded shortly.
Look for a company that sells a product that interests you. Are you a health nut? Look for vitamin or fruit juice companies- there are plenty! Have you been obsessed with makeup since you were a little girl? Guess what? There are tons of companies that sell makeup that would be thrilled to have you as a distributor. Love to travel? You guessed it- lots of companies to choose from!
Once you’ve found a company with a product you like, SIT STILL FOR GOODNESS SAKES!
One of the main reasons people don’t make money is that they are always looking for something better. Just quit looking around, quit typing in “XYZ Scam” into Google trying to find some reason why you should quit. Quit being enticed by ads that say if you switch to ABC company, “we’ll build the business for you”. Stop trying to see if the grass is greener on the other side…it isn’t.
2. EDUCATE YOURSELF. Unless you are a master- business person, you’ve got to LEARN about how to build a successful business. Talk to your sponsor or upline. Do what they do. Unless of course, you don’t want to build the business the way they do. If that’s the case, educational materials abound…or better yet, spend the money to hire a coach BEFORE you buy all of the courses- they can save you lots of money by giving you direction. If you want to do it on your own, you need to get a mentor or two or three and STUDY THOSE PEOPLE. If you want to be successful, study those who are successful, then do what they do!
3. BE CONSISTENT. If you can’t dedicate at least a couple of hours a day- it is going to take quite some time to build your business. I don’t care what anyone tells you, an hour once a week won’t cut it. I work my business part-time, but even still, I spend at least 3-4 hours PER DAY on my business. Working the business one day a week, or every other week won’t bring in the dough. If you are choosing Oprah or American Idol over your business- then making money in a network marketing company is HARD. If you opt to read a trashy romance novel over an educational book…..If you buy some expensive gadget over spending money to grow your business….I hope you aren’t surprised at the difficulty that you are having making money in your business.
4. GIVE YOURSELF CREDIT FOR MILESTONES. Don’t scoff at your first commission check of $10.00. Don’t be annoyed at the time it takes to get your first distributor, celebrate your achievements. I celebrated each commission check, until they started coming in regularly! Once I made the “Comma Club”- a four-figure commission check, I celebrated again. When my distributors got their first distributor, I celebrated. And best of all, a couple of days ago, I REALLY celebrated as I climbed into my new Lexus purchased with the money I made in my business! Celebrate each milestone, and then watch how fast those milestones pile up!
5. DON’T QUIT! The one thing that really sends me over the edge, is when I hear, “well, I’ll just try it for 6 months and see if it works”. Let me save you the 6 months and the money- IT WON’T WORK. With a mentality of failure, and that is what that comment indicates, the outcome is already determined. You’ve given yourself a way out. Presumably people do this to protect themselves from failure. Ironically, failure is exactly what they get when they quit! Before you join a company, just make sure that you tell yourself “failure is not an option. Quitting is not an option.” Go ahead and plan to spend the next 3 years growing the business, and you’ll be on the fast track to success!
No matter what you think…you CAN succeed in Network Marketing. Yes, it will take hard work and total dedication, but I’ll tell you what- if a first-time network marketer like me can buy a Lexus from money working a business part-time- you can too!
To the Top,